Saturday, April 18, 2009

100th issue of Juxtapoz magazine

From what i hear this new issue, coming out any day now, is that it's their greatest one ever. So i'm happy to say at least i am a part of it, as well as a few other friends. Shepard Fairey interviewed me for this special issue not too long ago, (i even mentioned that on this blog when we did it, if my memory serves me correctly), and they used my wife's portrait of me as a two page spread in a 14 page piece, so i can't be too mad. We'll see what you folks all think, after you check it out.


I like the two "pull quotes" they used:
TO JUST TAKE A SNAPSHOT AND CALL IT ART,
THAT'S BULLSHIT TO ME.

SKATEBOARDING
IS PUNK ROCK
AND PUNK ROCK
IS SKATEBOARDING
AND HIP-HOP
IS PUNK ROCK
AND SKATEBOARDING
IS HIP-HOP.
what ever that all means ;-)

1 comment:

  1. I like the first quote, and I agree with the second 5,000 percent. My senior thesis in college was about that very subject. They told me it couldn't be done, but I did it...and they ate it up.

    ReplyDelete